Before you start:
- Choose an appropriate size of tampon. For example, you’re best to opt for a slim or slender fit if you are young and not yet sexually active.
- Always use a tampon from a sealed packet which has not been damaged.
- Read the package insert – this Tampax article has helpful information and diagrams of your body which are very useful.
To insert a tampon:
1. Take it slowly and calmly. This should hot https://hookupdate.net/tr/cheeky-lovers-inceleme/ hurt, and there is nothing terrible you can do to yourself!
3. Either sit on the toilet or stand and put one foot up on a chair, or onto the toilet lid.
4. Open the tampon wrapper and remove it. Before you try to do anything – take a good look at the tampon. It has a rounded tampon end, and an inserter tube – made either or cardboard or plastic. The whole tampon is a bit like a syringe. When you insert the tampon into your vagina and push the plunger, the tampon will pop out the other end, and you then remove the inserter from the vagina, leaving the tampon in place. Its very simple.
5. Now, assuming you are right-handed, hold the tampon like a syringe, first and second fingers on either side nearer the tip of the tampon, and your thumb on the other side.
6. Feel down towards your vagina with your left hand. Gently part your labia with your thumb and forefinger to stretch the opening a little.
7. With your right hand, insert the tampon into the vaginal opening about 2 cm or so, so it’s wedged inside but still as some way to go.
8. You can drop holding the labia with your left hand and transfer your fingers to hold the tampon in place, instead, and relax your right hand.
9. Now, with your right hand, you guide the tampon further inside you gently but firmly. Aim for pushing downwards, backwards and in a straight line. Don’t be frightened. Everything is sealed up in there so you can’t push the tampon into your abdomen or do any serious damage. You want the tampon to lie near your cervix, either directly in front of it, or next to it. Remember, you can’t push it too far in. However, if you don’t push it far enough, when you have finished, it may well stick out of the vagina and be uncomfortable. So, it is important you get this right.
10. Once the tampon is in place, you will only have a few inches of the inserter device left outside you. Now, this is the moment of truth. Keep holding the inserter with your left hand and hold it still. Push gently but with enough force, slowly and steadily, on the applicator end. You can use thumb or forefinger. Push downwards, backwards and in a straight line just as you did just now. Imagine the tampon being ejected out of the applicator and coming to rest beside your cervix. This will not hurt but you may feel a slight swelling inside the vagina as it settles into place.
11. Gently pull the applicator device out-just let go with the left hand and remove it with your right hand. You should just find there is a little string now protruding from your vaginal opening.
If you’re just after a simple step-by-step guide to how exactly to use a tampon, you’re in the right place. Doctor Deborah Lee of Fox Online Pharmacy has provided everything you need to know. If you are at all concerned, do speak to a medical professional in person, who will be more than happy to help you out.